Monday, August 17, 2020

Science and Family pt. 2

In a few days my mom, dad, my son, and I will be moving to Everson, WA. I started a new postdoc at the Salish Sea Research Center. Our belongings are now on a truck and on their way to Washington State.

One year ago my husband moved to State College to start medical residency. Previous to this he was separated from my son and me. This is because three years ago I started my first postdoc at Penn State University. Now, we are separating again. Hopefully, for the last time in our lifetime.

In the meantime, my mom and dad continue to travel with me on this academic journey. They are raising my son while I pursue science as a career. My mom is a teacher and she is homeschooling my son this year. He will hopefully start Kindergarten next fall. We are moving into a cabin on 5 acres. We are all very excited to start this next phase. We are also very sad to leave my husband and our house in State College, PA.

My son, my mom, my dad in Coburn, PA ( January 2019).

No comments: